Events Set-up Services Assistant
|Job Title:||Events Set-up Services Assistant|
|Departments:||University Events & Conferences|
|Reports To:||Director, University Events & Conferences|
The Events Set-up Services Assistant will support in equipment set-up at special events and University activities across campus that support the University’s vision and mission. While working under the Events umbrella, the role is a hybrid position, working with maintenance to perform basic duties when not completing set-ups or performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Events & Conferences. The candidate must be able to verbalize the Christian identity and mission of the University. This position requires much flexibility in hours, including after hours and weekend work.
- Set-up tables, chairs, podiums, platforms, etc. for all on-campus events.
- Teardown equipment when event is over.
- Move furniture and equipment when approved request comes from maintenance.
- Work with Technical Manager in the Theater for stage changes – shell configurations and pit set-up / teardown.
- Perform routine maintenance requests – light bulbs, simple repairs, painting, etc.
- Maintains a binder of daily activities requiring set-ups.
- Student Workers
- At least one year of facilities related prior experience.
- Is Customer Service oriented, prompt, efficient and committed to quality.
- Basic maintenance knowledge.
- Ability to safely drive a golf cart or similar vehicle.
- A minimum of high school degree or higher level of education.
- Must be able to walk about campus and lift up to 25 pounds.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.