Director of Online Admissions
|Job Title:||Director of Online Admissions|
|Departments:||Pampell Online Division|
|Reports To:||Vice President for Digital/Online Learning|
In partnership with divisional leadership, this position is responsible for managing and directing the admissions and enrollment funnel from applicant through acceptance decision. This leader will oversee the training, development, and day-to-day production within the contact center including key performance indicators, quality assurance, customer service levels, and divisional goals.
- Train and develop department staff in their daily job duties.
- Measure KPIs and quality targets to ensure daily goals and customer experience measurements.
- Provide coaching and feedback as well as carry out disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Monitor trend reports and daily production status sheets and make necessary changes for the department.
- Communicate on a regular basis with leadership on operations, production, staffing, etc.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure recruitment and retention goals are achieved.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external requirements.
- Ensure discretion and operate appropriately with sensitive information in regards to the University, employees, and students.
- Special projects and temporary duties as assigned.
- College degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Ability to communicate with various parties and stakeholders, both internal and external to the department.
- Highly organized
- Previous experience in enrollment management preferred
- Experience managing a team of people preferred
- Must have good work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Ellucian software preferred
- Ability to operate office equipment (i.e., copiers, fax machines, etc)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in dealing with large workloads
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and use specific business software and hardware
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 25 lbs. – occasionally
- Ability to sit – frequently
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time – occasionally
- Ability to walk reasonable distances – occasionally
- Ability to bend or stoop – occasionally
- Ability to climb or reach overhead – occasionally
- Ability to communicate via speech, hearing and sight – frequently
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.