Director, First Year Success (Title V)
|Job Title:||Director, First Year Success (Title V)|
|Reports To:||Dean of Academic Success|
The Director of First Year Success (Title V) is responsible for providing leadership to further create a culture of student success, especially with first-year Hispanic, low-income and first generation college students, through the implementation of Title V. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the Dean of Academic Success.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Title V project and lead success and retention strategies related to first year Hispanic, low-income, and First Generation College students
- Hire and supervise Title V staff per the organizational chart, including student workers
- Spearhead efforts to roll-out and manage holistic retention software to the university campus
- Provide guidance to direct reports to assist all targeted students in developing an educational success plan and ensure students are making progress in achieving their plan
- Collaborate with HBU divisions and departments including Student Life, Academic Affairs, Enrollment Management, Financial Aid, Housing, and others that may play a role in developing and delivering Title V services and programs
- Develop and maintain all Title V project records, including service delivery plan
- Liaise between federal Title V project manager and HBU
- Facilitate meetings for teams involved with planning and implementing specific project components to ensure implementation within proposed timeframes and budget
- Coordinate data collection and reporting with Institutional Research and Effectiveness
- Monitor all grant expenditures in compliance with federal and University policies
- Coordinate the evaluation process, including working with the external evaluator
- Develop project reports and help communicate progress across the University to faculty and staff members, as well as prepare and submit all mandatory reports
- Serve on necessary university committees
• Commitment to the ministry and mission of Houston Baptist University
• Master’s degree in a related field
• Minimum two years of full-time experience in higher education
• Experience with and understanding of the factors that drive student success and retention
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
- Experience working with programs focused on increasing student success and retention, particularly for Hispanic, low-income, and First Generation College Students
- Experience utilizing holistic retention software (Starfish)
- Experience working with an early-alert team
- Previous experience working with grants
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.