Development Officer: School of Nursing and Allied Health and The College of Science and Mathematics
|Job Title:||Development Officer: School of Nursing and Allied Health and The College of Science and Mathematics|
|Departments:||Advancement & University Relations|
|Reports To:||VP for Advancement|
This Advancement position is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual prospects (alumni and friends) within the School of Nursing and Allied Health and the College of Science and Mathematics. The Development Officer will report to the VP for Advancement and serve as a liaison between the Dean of the School of Nursing and Allied Health and the Dean of the College of Science and Mathematics to build a strong working relationship with faculty and staff within each School and College, as well as other members of the campus community.
- Engage, cultivate and solicit HBU alumni and friends who are capable of making major gifts to the university capital fundraising effort.
- Initiate and maintain contact with assigned portfolio prospects, with special attention to the top 25 percent of the prospects in the portfolio.
- Oversee all activities and event planning relating to the School of Nursing and Allied Health and the College of Science and Mathematics.
- Oversee the annual Covenant Society Reception and the Covenant Society Recognition Tree.
- Develop, write, and present proposals appropriate to donor’s interest and financial situation.
- Develop financial solicitation programs and meet activity and revenue goals. Promote positive donor relations. Devise and recommend cultivation and solicitation strategies. Determine and execute events and programs in support of development activities. Recognize disinterested donors and devise strategies to redirect their interests.
- Evaluate various gift opportunities and giving vehicles; recommend the most suitable for a particular donor. Assess success of development events and programs and recommend improvements.
- Assist and work with Advancement Team members on cross-functional university events.
Bachelor’s Degree and two to four years of experience in fundraising, preferably in higher education, or equivalent experience in a related field, is required.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Experience building and maintaining long-term donor/client relationships;
- Experience working with sensitive information and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Initiative and self-starting capacity;
- A professional style and the ability to successfully interact with donors, volunteers, and university administrators at the highest level;
- Very strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with an attention to detail;
- The willingness and ability to travel.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.