Dean of the Archie W. Dunham College of Business
|Job Title:||Dean of the Archie W. Dunham College of Business|
|Departments:||Archie W. Dunham College of Business|
|Reports To:||Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs|
Houston Baptist University seeks a dynamic leader to serve as the next Dean of the Archie W. Dunham College of Business and the Herman Brown Professor of Business and Economics.
The College currently serves approximately 450 undergraduate students and 200 graduate students across 5 undergraduate majors and 4 graduate programs. The College offers both residential and online degree programs.
The Dean is the chief academic, fiscal, and administrative officer of the Archie W. Dunham College of Business and reports to the Provost. The Dean is expected to provide leadership and support for strategic planning, budget planning and development, program review and accreditation, faculty and staff development, advisory board initiatives, and community engagement. The Dean will help shape the future of the College of Business articulating the Houston Baptist University Ten Pillars Vision, defining its standard of excellence and guiding its direction of growth.
The Dean is expected to establish and maintain effective partnerships on behalf of the Archie W. Dunham College of Business with leaders in the Houston business community. The Dean will bring a distinguished record of academic, business management, and entrepreneurial success as well as a record of scholarly achievement. Candidates with an earned doctorate in a related field, a terminal degree, or exceptional achievement in business and management are invited to apply.
- Develops and implements the College of Business strategic plan and leads the College in the recruitment, retention and graduation of students who are well-prepared for success in professional careers or graduate school
- Recruits and supports an outstanding faculty
- Responsible for efficient and effective administration and fiscal management of the College, working within the context of an approved budget
- Provides leadership for both University and College accreditation efforts
- Supports and promotes the research initiatives of faculty in the College
- Represents the College to the campus, external communities, and alumni, and provides leadership in identifying, soliciting and securing external funds
- Responsible for pursuing new opportunities for the College, including the development of new degree programs
- Promotes a strong commitment to academic excellence
- Oversees development and delivery of international programs and opportunities at both the undergraduate and graduate level
- Establishes and maintains effective partnerships on behalf of the College of Business with leaders in the Houston business community
- Oversees the Center for Christianity in Business and provides support for other University Centers as needed
- Maintains an organizational culture consistent with Biblical principles as stated in the Preamble to the University By-Laws
- A collegial administrative style that promotes a sense of academic respect and collaboration
- An appreciation and desire to promote both traditional and non-traditional modes of learning
- Experience in program reviews, assessment, and specialized accreditation
- Leadership experience and a demonstrated capacity for comprehensive vision, bold action, effective decision-making, and inspirational leadership
- Expertise in budget management and alignment of resource allocations with strategic planning
- Demonstrated success in attracting and retaining faculty & students
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work with a broad range of constituencies, including faculty, staff, students, administrative colleagues, parents, alumni, and the external business community both locally and globally
- A distinguished record of academic, business management, and entrepreneurial success as well as a record of scholarly achievement
- HBU is a faith-based institution and requires all faculty and staff to be committed Christians that exemplify their faith on a daily basis and are in alignment with the University’s statement of faith as outlined in the Preamble to the University’s By-Laws. The statement can be found at: https://www.hbu.edu/university-catalog/general-information/#visionmissionpurpose.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.