Customer Service Coordinator for the Office of the Registrar
|Job Title:||Customer Service Coordinator for the Office of the Registrar|
|Departments:||Office of the Registrar|
This is a full-time, non-exempt status position responsible for maintaining a good resource between the university and the students, as well as the faculty and deans regarding academic records. The Customer Service Coordinator fulfills an essential role by interacting between the students, the staff, the faculty and the deans to ensure all parties receive accurate and necessary information. The Customer Service Coordinator reports directly to the Registrar.
OFFICE HOURS: Monday- Friday: 8:00-5:00
- Greet students, faculty, staff, visitors, etc. and direct them to the proper office/person
- Answer inquiries and provide information by phone, through e-mail or in person from staff, faculty and students
- Responsible for incoming mail & forms submitted to the Registrar’s Office
- Maintain all current forms and create new forms when necessary for the office
- Maintain requests for off-campus transfer work; notify students of standing, then process transferred classes from official transcripts for enrolled students; run equivalency report for filing.
- Create & maintain all degree plans for both Undergrad & Grad programs.
- Manage returning student process which includes insuring proper credit for any transferred classes and verifying Meningitis vaccines.
- Process approved course notations once verified as accurate.
- Process students’ degree plans, Intent to Graduate documents & change of major forms.
- Work with others in the department in the preparation for graduations as well as attend and assist at all graduation ceremonies.
- Maintain the Office of the Registrar Calendar.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully handle this position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of working with a diverse student population
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform with a high level of distraction
- Proficient in BANNER; strong Microsoft Office skills
- Capacity to prioritize and multi-task
- Able to deal effectively with others (co-workers, faculty, etc.)
- Strong Commitment to good customer service
- Flexible with regard to change in procedures
In addition to these physical abilities, this position requires a person who is positive, resourceful, friendly and sincere in their attitude.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.