Compliance Support Manager
|Job Title:||Compliance Support Manager|
|Departments:||ComplianceOffice of the Provost|
This is a full-time, non-exempt status position responsible for managing the support of regional and program accreditation efforts, including report development, accreditation software management, and professional development. The Compliance Support Manager manages Substantive Change monitoring processes and reporting and provides support to and coordinates aspects of the University wide planning and institutional effectiveness efforts in support of the University’s mission and goals. The Compliance Support Manager reports to the Director of Compliance and Assessment and ultimately, the Associate Provost/SACSCOC Accreditation Liaison.
OFFICE HOURS: Monday- Friday: 8:00-5:00
- Assist the Director of Compliance and Assessment and the SACSCOC Accreditation Liaison to coordinate accreditation and compliance activities
- Assist in accreditation-related professional development sessions for faculty and staff
- Provide support in the managing of compliance narrative and evidence document collection. Exercise discretion and use independent judgment in reviewing compliance evidence to help determine currency, relevance, and format, and follow up on evidence as appropriate. Assist in preparation of all SACSCOC reports
- Coordinate internal accreditation compliance readiness audit processes
- Assist in the planning and hosting of all SACSCOC regional accreditation visits
- Assist in managing Substantive Change monitoring activities, forms, resources and monitoring calendar. Prepare SACSCOC Substantive Change packages and internal reports. Facilitate Substantive Change professional development and web-based tutorials for employees
- Track program accreditation efforts. Provide support and resources to programs during accreditation self-studies and visits
- Develop proficiency in the use and analysis of Xitracs reports and documentation
- Assist in coordination of Quality Enhancement Plan and program
- Assist with unit level institutional effectiveness activities and reports
- Provide assistance in the day-to-day operations of the web-based assessment system
- Manage the assessment website
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal constituents across the University
- Remain aware of current trends and best practices in assessment
- Monitor changes in SACSCOC requirements, and evaluate the impact on current operations
- Perform other duties as assigned
The selected candidate, at a minimum, will possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and have some project management experience. Prior experience in SACSCOC compliance/assessment at the university level is highly desirable. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully handle this position.
- Must have strong technical skills (word processing, Microsoft Excel, presentation software).
- Demonstrate behavior that is in alignment with the mission, priorities, and goals of Houston Baptist University
- Display high standards of integrity, ethical conduct, and confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of educational technology and assessment practices
- Ability set goals and work with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with others
- Experience with webpage development
In addition, the successful candidate will be professional, self-reliant, proactive, enthusiastic, and will make a positive impression on others.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.