|Job Title:||Budget Analyst|
|Reports To:||Planning and Budget Director|
Assist in the planning, developing and coordinating of the preparation of financial analyses and reports including, but not limited to, operational and capital budgets, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information; perform complex and specialized assignments in assigned area of expertise.
- Support the Financial Operations department in the preparation of the University’s annual operating and capital budget process. Maintain supporting schedules and files relating to the University’s annual budget process.
- Assist in managing the University’s 7-year plan model by maintaining supporting schedules and inputting, analyzing, and reconciling financial data in the model.
- On a monthly basis, examine departmental financial statements for completeness and accuracy and conformity with the University’s fiscal policy.
- Reconcile and maintain various University accounts as needed.
- Perform line by line analyses and financial forecasts of departmental budgets. Prepares and assembles journal entries, budget transfers and other analytics as needed.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to departmental faculty and staff on adherence to budget and control procedures. Prepare departmental financial reports to department managers noting budget overages and budget concerns. Working on ad-hoc requests for schedules and data from faculty and staff.
- Assist in the planning, organizing, and coordinating the centralized accounting and financial reporting for University sponsored programs, including: preparing annual and project budgets, forecasting revenue, estimating any carry-over of funds from one year to the next. On a monthly basis, examine departmental financial statements for completeness and accuracy and conformity with the University’s fiscal policy.
- May be asked to produce and analyze sections of special projects or participate in additional departmental and administrative services as needed.
- Assist in the on-boarding of new employees and participate in the training of all users on how to effectively utilize the University’s budget system.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The responsibilities of this position require the ability to coordinate the implementation of solutions; to identify and analyze accounting and financial reporting issues; to meet strict deadlines with accuracy; and the ability to work effectively with senior academic and administrative positions.
The Budget Analyst may oversee department student workers as needed.
LINE OF AUTHORITY:
The Budget Analyst is responsible to the Planning and Budget Director.
The Budget Analyst is expected to be able to present a positive image of the Financial Operations Department and the University. Possess strong organizational, time management, and communication skills. This person must have excellent analytic skills and an ability to solve problems and make decisions. Budget Analyst must be able to keep financial matters confidential with respect to students, staff, faculty and record keeping. Additionally, this person must have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, including Excel, Word, Power Point; and must be able to transfer current computer skills to a working knowledge of the University’s systems such as Internet Native Banner, Husky Net, Argos and other financial reporting tools.
Work requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field
- Must be able to walk about campus
- Lift equipment and materials (up to 20 lbs)
- Operate office equipment and copier
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.