|Job Title:||Advertising Copywriter|
|Departments:||Pampell Online Division|
|Reports To:||Director of Online Marketing|
The Advertising Copywriter serves the Pampell Online Division as a content specialist and is responsible for developing creative and strategic promotional content that will assist in communicating with the current and prospective student body of HBU Online.
- Create accurate messaging for HBU online and solicit assistance from university stakeholders or from whomever content originates when needed to clarify information.
- Produce bright, engaging, relevant copy for promotional materials such as brochures, banner ads, emails, newsletters, radio & video scripts and other materials as needed.
- Collaborates and maintains a close relationship with designers and videographers; to help ensure work produced is aligned with HBU brand, standards, and concepts.
- Develop and upkeep clear brand copy style guide for HBU Online.
- Collaborates on development of SEO strategy with Strategic Marketing division for HBU Online website.
- Ensure the work produced portrays branding strategy and stays true to target audience and mission of HBU.
- Partners with Social Media team to create content for postings.
- Stay abreast on market trends in copy. Continually evaluating competition and best in class marketers.
- Special projects and temporary duties as assigned
- College degree from an accredited college/university. Master’s preferred
- 3 years of experience in marketing related field preferred
- Ability to use PC and Mac systems to perform daily tasks.
- Must have a good work ethic and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Excellent organizational, project, and time management skills
- Adherence and support of the Houston Baptist University statement of belief as required by the Preamble of the By-Laws of the university.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and use specific business software and hardware
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 25 lbs. – occasionally
- Ability to sit – frequently
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time – occasionally
- Ability to walk reasonable distances – occasionally
- Ability to bend or stoop – occasionally
- Ability to climb or reach overhead – occasionally
- Ability to communicate via speech, hearing and sight – frequently
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.