Online Admissions Processor
|Job Title:||Online Admissions Processor|
|Departments:||Pampell Online Division|
|Reports To:||Director of Operations|
This position supports the Pampell Online Division in processing required documents to student files. Additionally, this person will participate in making sure the university course catalog is followed in regards to admissions requirements, course registrations, and acceptance policies and decisions.
- Processes applications for all incoming students.
- Responsible for data entry into student tracking system as well as updating and maintaining all student information in appropriate office/university databases (SCT Banner and Ellucian Recruiter CRM).
- Inputs and updates student information in order to carry out the communication flow to applicants in an accurate manner.
- Collects the necessary information for an admission decision to be made
- Continuously reviews open files to facilitate their completion.
- Responsible for alpha portion of records control and maintenance in the student database, correcting and troubleshooting information when necessary.
- Communicates status of admissions process to various constituents including the student, admissions counselors, and/or faculty and staff around campus.
- Works closely with the admissions counselors, providing administrative support concerning the status of the applicant files (both open and complete).
- Collaborates with different campus constituencies concerning student admissions records.
- Evaluates academic records and transcripts for all incoming students.
- Responsible for any manual registrations necessary for new and returning students.
- Special projects and temporary duties as assigned.
- College degree strongly preferred
- Must have good work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to operate office equipment (i.e., copiers, fax machines, etc)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in dealing with large workloads
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and use specific business software and hardware
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 25 lbs. – occasionally
- Ability to sit – frequently
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time – occasionally
- Ability to walk reasonable distances – occasionally
- Ability to bend or stoop – occasionally
- Ability to climb or reach overhead – occasionally
- Ability to communicate via speech, hearing and sight – frequently
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.