|Job Title:||Admissions Counselor|
|Reports To:||Director of Recruitment|
Responsible for specific recruitment and enrollment results of a particular geographic territory. The Counselor will balance his/her efforts between individual entrepreneurship and support of the admissions team. Each Counselor will have supplemental responsibilities which contribute to the success of the office.
- Propose, develop, and participate in the most cost effective recruitment activities for your territory.
- Participate in a collective planning effort for the overall admissions recruitment effort.
- Attend College Day and Night programs and do high school and community college visits for the purpose of recruiting students to HBU.
- Assist with Admissions special events, group tours, registration days, and other activities.
- Be familiar with the student financial aid system and required documents.
- Have a general understanding of all areas of university life, including/but not limited to: academic programs, athletics, residence life and student affairs, scholarships, and the spiritual life program.
- Assist with walk-in traffic and incoming phone calls.
- Enter updates and comments on inquiries and applicants in appropriate data-bases and the Admissions CRM.
- Make phone calls, answer texts, and write emails to prospective students on a daily basis.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned
- Student Worker (Optional) and Husky Ambassadors for assigned Counselor(s).
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Licenses, Certificates, Registrations: None
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with internal and external customers; shows consideration of others, listens effectively, establishes and maintains relationships, is a self-starter, adaptable, and a creative thinker.
- Ability to learn and use specific business software and hardware.
- Ability to operate office equipment (i.e., copiers, fax machines, etc.)
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 25 lbs. – occasionally
- Ability to sit – frequently
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time – occasionally
- Ability to walk reasonable distances – occasionally
- Ability to bend or stoop – occasionally
- Ability to climb or reach overhead – occasionally
- Ability to communicate via speech, hearing and sight – frequently
- Ability to drive a car – occasionally.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- There is considerable amount of travel required of this position.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.