Online Admissions Consultant
|Job Title:||Online Admissions Consultant|
|Departments:||Pampell Online Division|
|Reports To:||Director of Online Admissions Consulting|
The Admissions Consultant serves the Pampell Online Division by assisting prospective students through their first interaction with the University through their application.
- Ability to communicate all admissions, academic, and administrative policies advising the student on necessary next steps.
- Assist students in setting short-term goals and follow-up with students
- Working knowledge of all university resources and the ability to appropriately communicate necessary information to prospective students.
- Ability to assist a student while utilizing several resources simultaneously.
- Be committed to providing accurate information to prospective students as they consider their education opportunities with HBU.
- Utilize university resources to track student progress and identify outcomes.
- Providing customer service and support to prospective, new, and matriculated students.
- Utilizing proactive outreach strategies to build strong working relationships with student population
- Responding to emails and/or phone calls within 24 business hours with the goal of same day.
- Special projects and temporary duties as assigned
- College degree from an accredited college/university.
- 3 years of experience in education related field preferred but not required
- Ability to use PC and Mac systems to perform daily tasks.
- Must have a good work ethic and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Excellent organizational, project, and time management skills
- Adherence and support of the Houston Baptist University statement of belief as required by the Preamble of the By-Laws of the university.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and use specific business software and hardware
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 25 lbs. – occasionally
- Ability to sit – frequently
- Ability to stand for an extended period – occasionally
- Ability to walk reasonable distances – occasionally
- Ability to bend or stoop – occasionally
- Ability to climb or reach overhead – occasionally
- Ability to communicate via speech, hearing and sight – frequently
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.