Administrative Assistant for Student Support Services (TRiO Program)
|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant for Student Support Services (TRiO Program)|
|Reports To:||Director of Student Support Services|
The Administrative Assistant for TRiO Student Support Services is a full-time, twelve month professional position, a member of the Student Life staff reporting to the Director within the department of SSS. This is a great entry-level opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in nonprofit administration and higher education. The primary responsibilities of the position are to directly support all aspects of the Director’s daily duties including general office management, organizing calendars and travel, generating reports, event planning, working with students and other constituent groups throughout the University, and assisting with major projects and program operations. Other duties include database management, event coordination and logistical support, mailings, and research.
- Initial point of contact for students and visitors to SSS office area
- Provide comprehensive administrative assistance to Director and two Success Coaches
- Provide a friendly and welcoming atmosphere as well as excellent customer service
- Update website information, brochures, etc.
- Assist with scheduling and administrative needs of SSS staff
- Coordinate with other Student Life areas on all relevant matters
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Support Services
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least one year professional experience preferred
- Database management and administrative background required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
- Excellent demonstrated skills in writing, communication and time management
- Ability to organize, manage and complete multiple tasks with the ability to maintain priorities and to function with many interruptions
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with many different constituents
- Self-motivated, hardworking, independent and enthusiastic
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Ability to handle confidential information and respond discreetly
- Be available for some night and weekend programming
- Work to further the university’s vision as stated in the Ten Pillars
- Must be able to completely affirm, uphold, and live within the Preamble of Houston Baptist University
- Exhibit an active Christian faith with local church membership and involvement
The University offers a comprehensive benefits program for full time staff, including medical/ dental/ vision coverage, retirement, life insurance and vacation. The University family shares an active Christian faith and as a staff member, the individual is expected to support and personify this belief and lifestyle.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.