Administrative Assistant to the Provost and Associate Provosts
|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant to the Provost and Associate Provosts|
|Departments:||Office of the Provost|
|Reports To:||Associate Provost for Academic Operations|
This is a full-time, non-exempt status position. The successful applicant will be responsible for administrative duties supporting the Office of the Provost and Associate Provosts.
- Prepare and maintain on-line academic application process for full-time and adjunct faculty
- Communicate regularly with prospective faculty in the collection of necessary records for employment
- Update deans timely on status of applicants for their respective College/School
- Establish, maintain and update faculty files to ensure SACSCOC compliance
- Support administratively SACSCOC compliance efforts in the Office of the Associate Provost for Academic Operations
- Collect, verify, and maintain College/School adjunct payroll and prepare timely adjunct faculty contracts
- Coordinate the IDEA evaluations in coordination with Institutional Research
- Assist with all commencement ceremonies and preparations, including attending the actual graduations
- Process all Schedule Edit Requests, Expense Reports, Absence From Campus requests, and Travel Requests
- Assist Associate Provosts with discrete short and long term projects
- Coordinate meetings, meals, media and scheduling of conference rooms for Provost meetings
- Serve on committees with the Associate Provosts and prepare and post proper minutes
- Compose Provost correspondence as needed
- Assign classes to classrooms each term using Ad Astra
- Greet visitors/guests/students in a courteous and professional manner, determine their needs, and provide appropriate information and/or direct to the appropriate person or department
- Maintain all office supplies
- Provide support for other administrative assistants in the Office of the Provost as needed
- Direct and oversee all work performed by student workers in the Office of the Provost
- All other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully handle this position.
- Computer literacy in the use of Microsoft Office suite with a particular strength in the use of Excel; knowledge of Banner preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; able to maintain the confidential nature of the office
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to deal effectively with faculty and staff across campus
- Knowledge of office procedures and methods, including telephone etiquette and good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel for professional development as needed
- Bend or stoop; lift and carry at least 20 pounds of materials and equipment, catalogs. evaluation packets, etc.
- Walk about campus.
This position requires flexibility in scheduling some evening and weekend hours.
In addition, the successful candidate will be professional, self-reliant, proactive, enthusiastic, and will make a positive impression on others.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.