Part-Time Administrative Assistant, Academic Success Center
|Job Title:||Part-Time Administrative Assistant, Academic Success Center|
|Departments:||Academic Success Center|
|Reports To:||Director of Academic Success Center|
This is a part-time, non-exempt status position reporting to the Director of the Academic Success Center. The Administrative Assistant fulfills an essential role in helping to provide outside the classroom instructional support for students.
OFFICE HOURS: Flexible, between the hours of 8AM – 5PM Monday to Friday
- Coordinate tutoring appointments, track attendance, and manage check in and check out procedures
- Enter accurate data into the HBU Navigate system
- Keep up-to-date, accurate reports regarding student data and disseminate reports to appropriate departments
- Maintain a hospitable and professional front office, providing a high level of personalized service
- Build relationships with students in the office, directing them to appropriate resources for academic success
- Determine visitors’ needs and either provide the appropriate information or direct them to the appropriate person or department
- Provide timely and professional communication with faculty
- Discern ways to increase efficiency and customer service
- Demonstrate foresight in anticipating problems and be proactive in resolving them ahead of time, when possible
- Partner with athletic coaches and student athletes on their academic needs
- Perform a variety of other administrative tasks as requested
- Note that there may be some evening/Saturday responsibilities on occasion.
College degree preferred. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully handle this position.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft Office; knowledge of Banner preferred
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage long-term projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with others
- Commitment to customer service
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.