Adjunct Professor – Philosophy
|Job Title:||Adjunct Professor – Philosophy|
|Reports To:||Chair, Department of Philosophy|
The School Christian Thought is currently seeking adjunct faculty in Philosophy who are passionate about teaching and student learning in a Christian work environment.
Adjunct faculty is hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the University. HBU accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand. We offer day and evening classes.
- Utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established departmental and institutional guidelines.
- Provides timely, quality access to students via electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Evaluates students by established means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and to inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Submits paperwork and forms in a timely fashion.
- Department chair will evaluate adjunct faculty.
- In addition, adjunct faculty members are required to be available to students outside of the classroom.
Doctorate in the discipline preferred. Minimum requirement is master’s degree in the discipline or a masters degree with 18 graduate hours in the discipline from an accredited university.
Houston Baptist University is an independent, private Christian liberal arts institution with a diverse student body. It has access to all the cultural advantages of one of the largest metropolitan centers in the country. For more information about the University and the School of Christian Thought, visit www.hbu.edu.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.