Adjunct Professor – Online Learning
|Job Title:||Adjunct Professor – Online Learning|
|Departments:||Pampell Online Division|
|Reports To:||Pampell Online Division|
Houston Baptist University is currently seeking adjunct faculty who are passionate about teaching and student learning in a Christian work environment. This position is for adjunct faculty who would be teaching online classes.
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the University. HBU accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand.
- Utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established departmental and institutional guidelines.
- Provides timely, quality access to students via electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Evaluates students by established means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and to inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Submits paperwork and forms in a timely fashion.
- Department chair will evaluate adjunct faculty.
- Works within the parameters developed for the particular online course.
Doctorate in the discipline preferred. Minimum requirement is master’s degree in the discipline or a master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in the discipline from an accredited university.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until positions are filled.
Houston Baptist University is committed to maintaining a teaching faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith. The Preamble to the By-Laws of the University sets forth a statement of belief which each University employee is expected to support and personify. Your submittal of an application for employment indicates your acceptance and affirmation of these statements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements of personnel.
Background checks are performed on every new hire. If your application is selected to continue with the interviewing process you will be required to submit a Background Check form. If you decline, your application may be denied. By proceeding with the online application you understand and accept this process.