Information for Current International Students

What type of documents are you looking for?


Optional Practical Training (OPT)

Optional Practical Training (OPT) is temporary employment that is directly related to an F-1 student’s major area of study. Under the prior rules, an F-1 student could be authorized to receive up to a total of 12 months of practical training either before (pre-) and/or after (post-) completion of studies.

For instructions on the I-765 application: Instruction PDF


Graduation Invitation Request

For current students about to graduate, you may request a letter to be sent to your family them to the commencement ceremony. Please fill out the following form. You will be contacted to pick up the letter.  


Request for Reduced Course Load (RCL) Authorization

Current students may seek a reduced course load (of at least 6 semester hours) for one of the following reasons: Academic Difficulties, Medical Conditions,  or Completion of Course Study. A student who drops below a full course of study without the prior approval of the DSO will be considered out of status. On campus employment pursuant to the terms of a scholarship. fellowship, or is deemed to be part of the academic program of a student otherwise taking a full course of study.


Request for Change of non-immigrant Status to F-1 Student Status

Certain International students may seek to extend or change their status to another non-immigrant status. F-1 students may use this form to apply for reinstatement. Please follow the guidelines.