How, when and where do I receive my Financial Aid?

Financial aid, with the exception of Federal College Work Study, is disbursed at the beginning of each enrollment period. If the aid package is for a regular nine month period, awards will be disbursed equally at the beginning of each term. University policy requires that all aid must be used first to pay general registration and maintenance fees, room and board or other institutional expenses. Financial aid is credited to the student's account first, and after direct costs such as tuition, fees, room and board are met, any excess aid is disbursed by the Cashier's Office.

When the appropriate authorization forms have been completed, financial aid students may purchase books and supplies at the HBU bookstore from the 1st day of class through the 12th day of class if a credit balance will exist on the account after paying for tuition, fees and room and board (if applicable). Bookstore charges will be reflected on the account for the cost of purchases.

Information included in this publication is subject to change. Contact the Office of Financial Aid with any questions you may have about this information.